The latest and greatest summer salad.
Already made it twice in the past week – It’s that good.
I’m a sucker for colourful salads. They just scream deliciousness. Remember my edamame salad recipe? That one was pretty tasty, but I think this dressing is a little better.
- 1 C quinoa
- 1 C quinoa wild rice blend
- 3 C chicken broth
- 3/4 C water
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 C frozen corn kernels
- 1 pkg snap peas, sliced
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Cook quinoa and rice blend in chicken broth / water. Approx 25 mins
- In large bowl, add diced cucumber, shredded carrots, and frozen corn. Set aside
- Once quinoa mixture is cooked, mix snap peas into quinoa while still hot to soften snap peas. Cool for 10 mins then pour into bowl with vegetables.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, nectar, sesame oil, and cilantro. Toss everything together then chill salad for at least 1 hr before serving.
So fresh and perfect for summer.