I’ve had this giant bag of Craisins that the parents bought from Costco a while back. Salad and scones were the main things I was using them for, but other than that, I hadn’t looked into what else I could make with them. Conveniently, there was a recipe plastered on the back of the bag for “Cranberry Oatmeal Snack Cookies”.
Adapted from Ocean Spray Craisin’s recipe:
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup Craisins
- 2/3 cup white chocolate, chopped
- zest of a full orange and juice of half an orange
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and orange juice, mix well. In a separate bowl, combine: oats, flours, baking soda, and salt.
3) Combine dry ingredients into margarine mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in craisins and chocolate chunks.
4) Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheets.
5) Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
These cookies were very tasty. Chewy, crunchy, and soft, all in one bite.