Cake in a jar!
But not just any cake…
A layered strawberry cheesecake!
I love dessert in jars, especially when they are layered! It just adds another dimension of fun and creativity, not to mention easy portability! This parfait-style strawberry cheesecake was really tasty, plus the mix of different textures of everything together just made it extra good. Creamy cheesecake mixture, to crumbly graham crumbs, and the firm crunchy fresh strawberries… delicious.
Plus, using a clear jar makes it look a little extra fancy with the layers of pink, white and pop of red. Though I used strawberries, I’m sure any other flavour would work just as well… blueberry, lemon, citrus, lavender, chocolate… just to name a few. The possibilities are endless!
I think these would also make such a nice personalized food gift. Just tie a ribbon around the neck of the jar, pop on a gift tag, and add a spoon… boom, you’ve got yourself a gift!
Strawberry Cheesecake in a Jar
- 3/4 C graham crumbs
- 1 tsp margarine, melted
- 1 brick reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 C plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 C whipping cream
- 1/3 C sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C pureed strawberries (approx 3/4C hulled strawberries) + 1/2 tsp sweetener of choice
- 1 C hulled strawberries, diced
- In a small bowl, combine graham crumbs and melted margarine. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat creamed cheese until smooth. Add in sugar or sweetener of choice, blend until combined.
- Mix in yogurt and vanilla. Taste and add more sweetener if desired. Divide mixture evenly into two bowls.
- In a cold bowl, whip the whipping cream to stiff peaks.
- In one bowl, blend in the strawberry purée and whipped cream, until combined
- In a container of your choice, start layering: graham crumbs, white cheesecake mix, fresh strawberries, and strawberry cheesecake mix. Repeat until the container is filled.