Ever since I joined Angie’s Fiesta Friday blogging party, I’ve seen some pretty awesome blogs and beautiful food photography. It’s been a great way to expand my blogging community – you should really check it out if you haven’t already!
A huge thank you to Bourbon & Brown Sugar and Strictly Delicious for nominating me for the Liebster Award and Kitchen Feasts as well as Creating Beauty in the Kitchen for nominating me for the Sunshine Award!
Its so great to know that other individuals out there really take the time to read, like, comment, share, and nominate other fellow bloggers. I don’t know about how other bloggers feel, but there have been times where blogging comes to feel like a ‘job’ or not as fun as I remembered it to be. But after receiving constant support from other bloggers through comments or nominations, its really very motivating to continue to write, post, and share. With that being said, I’m going to do my part to share these awards with blogs that I have been really enjoying lately.
Starting off with the Liebster Award(s):
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 10 people for the award.
- Ask 10 – 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
- Comment on the nominated blogs to let the nominees know they have received the award.
- Name your three favorite cookbooks: I honestly don’t have many cookbooks because I find most of my recipes online, but I really like the Masterchef cookbook (Whitney won – forgot which season)
- You have been given a free cooking class in any country you choose. Where are you going? Headed off to japan – I love Japanese-inspired dishes
- If you could invite three famous people to dinner (living or dead) who would you choose? Oprah (just cause who wouldn’t want to meet her), Ellen DeGeneres (shes just too funny), and Rachel McAdams.
- Why did you start blogging? I originally wanted a way to document my baking/ cooking adventures and to make an infinite recipe inddex
- What is your favorite movie and/or book? The Notebook is pretty good =)
- We are in the kitchen with you and the tunes are cranked. What are we listening to? Top 40 or some kind of electronic dance – aka kitchen dance party kind of music
- What is the most surprising thing you have learned from blogging? Other readers and bloggers want to get to know you through your blog and vice versa – its fun to get to know other bloggers as well. Aside from food, its neat to get a peak into their lives.
- What would you consider to be your culinary specialty? Cookies
- What is your favorite midnight snack? Peanut butter on a spoon!
- What inspires you? I work at a hospital, so you can imagine that I see my good share of sick people. Those individuals that are fighting through their illnesses inspire me – they inspire me to be better, work harder, and do whatever I want. They also constantly remind me of how lucky I am to have my family, friends, and health.
- What are you most afraid of in the kitchen? Hmm… blow torch? … and that is probably why I don’t own one
- What inspired you to begin blogging? Initially, it was the desire to share what I was up to with family/ close friends
- What gives you the most joy from blogging? I love reading other blogs and connecting with other bloggers through comments and posts
- What does your ideal Saturday look like? Early breakfast, some kind of baking project with a ‘photo-shoot’, some famjam time, then some time with C
- What pantry staple would you never want to live or cook without? I’d never want to live without peanut butter… and chocolate =)
- Name a place you have never visited, but want to. Why are you drawn there? Bora bora – you gotta google this place, because once you do, you’ll know why I’m drawn there.
- What’s the most surprisingly delicious thing you’ve ever eaten? Pressed aburi sushi – I had no idea what it was but its so amazinggg
- Who is your favorite “audience” to cook for? I like to cook for my fams and C (plus they are the perfect ‘audience’ to get feedback on new recipes !)
- What’s your favorite time of day and why? Morning from the time I get up till about noon – I feel like I’m most awake and alert and this time, which allows me to be really productive.
- What are you looking forward to most this year? Hmm, may a vacation? And possibly starting to really sell some of my stuff? =) Guess we’ll have to see what happens
Next up, the Sunshine Award(s):
- Thank the person who nominated me
- Answer questions given to be by the person who nominated me
- Nominate 5-10 people for the award
- Ask about 10-11 questions the nominees have to answer
- Comment on the nominee’s blog to let them know they received the award.
- Other than blogging, how do you spend your spare time? Yoga, hanging out with C and Mandy, reading up on recipes, and wasting time on pinterest/ youtube
- Savory or sweet? Sweet
- What is your favorite post that you’ve written? I really like the Surprise puck cake post
- Tell us two things we do not know about you. I am a chinese-born Canadian and I’m pretty short.
- Who is your hero/heroine, and why? I think I’ve answered this question before and my answer still remains the same – my parents. They are my role-models and personal cheering team in whatever I do.
- What is your favorite, book or film and why? Notebook – who doesn’t love it? Classic girly movie – I’m all about the sappy love stories
- Do you have a favorite ingredient? Chocolate chips are pretty good
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? I’d go to Bora Bora because it looks and sounds amazing – infinite crystal blue ocean?
- Where can you see yourself in five years? Moved out? hah!
- If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, what would they be and why? Oven, microwave, fridge? The kitchen essentials necessary to fuel my culinary creations. hah! lol
- What is your favorite part of the day? I’m a morning person, I love waking up and starting my day bright and early =)
- Do you have a favorite quote? What is it? “Dance like nobody is watching, Love like you have never been hurt, Sing like there is nobody listening, Work like you don’t need the money, and Live like it is heaven on earth”.
- What is your favorite smell?
- Do you love what you do on a daily basis? If so, why? If not, why not? Eat breakfast – its my favorite meal of the day and just helps me get prepared for the day ahead
- When you are having a bad day, who do you go to for comfort? C usually hears about it.
- What inspires you to continue to write your blog? Its something that I just really enjoy doing. Plus, the ongoing support from other bloggers, visitors, and subscribers is really motivating for me to continue what I’m doing.
- What do you think are the best color combinations for decorating? Violet or turquoise and white.
- How much water do you drink a day? I try to drink about 6-8 cups a day
- Do you love or hate your birthdays…..why? I’m indifferent – its nice to celebrate and get together with friends and family, but it is honestly just another day to me.
- Night owl or morning person? Morning!
Its my turn to nominate some blogs that I have been enjoying. I’d like to nominate the 5 following blogs for the Liebster Award:
- The Novice Gardener – such an amazing host and great person. You deserve way more awards, but this is all I got at the moment =)
- Patty Nguyen – beautiful photography, not to mention adorable Bailey =)
- Cookingwithauntjuju – love the recipes, keep them coming!
- La Petite Paniere – such creativity, I love it!
- The White Ramekins – breathtaking food photography (seriously, every single post is gorgeous!)
And the 5 following blogs for the Sunshine Award:
- thenotsocreativecook – loving your recipes, keep it up!
- Mama’s Gotta Bake – such a great baking/ cooking resource
- Nancy Creative – again, such a great baking resource and love the variety of posts (been doing my face exercises!)
- butter, basil, and breadcrumbs – gorgeous photography and great recipes!
- Not Your Average College Food – love the recipes that you post, right up my alley!
Now that you all know a little more about me, I want to know a bit more about you, so here are my questions:
- What is your dream job?
- What is your favorite dish to make?
- What was one of your 2014 resolutions?
- If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would you go and why?
- List 5 facts that many people don’t know about you.
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- How do you cope with stress?
- If you could have a coffee date with any celebrity chef, who would it be?
- If you could eat any food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, what would it be?
I hope you all found this fun and I really hope you all take the time to nominate other fellow bloggers – share the love =)