Chocolate, peanut butter, and marshmallows.
The perfect gift to satisfy any sweet-tooth.
I have a few friends who have major major sweet-tooths. They will literally eat bricks of chocolate, marshmallows, and all things sweet – I kid you not.
- 3/4 C graham crumbs
- 3 tbsp margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 C crunchy peanut butter (if using smooth peanut butter, you could also chop up some nuts and add them in as well)
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together the melted margarine and graham crumbs until combined, then pour into the prepared pan and press crumbs in to form a crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 mins or until sides are golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a small pot, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Over medium heat, stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add 3/4 of the marshmallows into the chocolate mixture – reserve 1/4 of the marshmallows to put over top of the bars.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cooled graham crumb crust and smooth out. Sprinkle remainder of marshmallows over-top.
- Allow bars to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until cutting. Alternatively, you could try freezing them for about 20 minutes or until set.
Remember my homemade s’mores? (Check them out here) I’d say these bars are somewhat similar, except they have peanut butter and are about 10 times quicker and easier. Completely done in just over an hour from start to finish! I was just about done with holiday baking when I made these… I almost didn’t even make them because I was so tired (literally yelled “the bakery is now closed!!”). But so glad I did because they are definitely going on my go-to list of potluck treats.
Plus, they made the perfect gift for those two sugar-lovers!