I haven’t been baking as much as I normally would. A few reasons – for one, I can’t eat all the goods by myself, and two, I don’t have that many baking ingredients on hand (just the essentials!).
I decided I wanted to try to attempt a bread recipe, so I went with this easy vegan cinnamon roll recipe that I came across a little while back.
- 1/2 C almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/3 C WW flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Microwave almond milk and coconut oil until warm and melted, never reaching boiling. Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm or 110 degrees. (It can’t be too hot or it will kill the yeast)
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast and sugar. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Add in flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as you go, the dough will be sticky. When the dough is too thick to stir, knead the dough for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball. Coat it with oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle. Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil and mix with cinnamon and sugar.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and place seam side down. Using a string of floss, cut the dough into 1.5 – 2 inch sections and position in a well-greased 8×8 square pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven to let rise again while you preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once the oven is hot, bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and serve immediately.
They turned out perfectly soft, fluffy, and cinnamony – not too sweet either! Perfect treat for the cooler fall weather!