Cheesy and crispy.
Baked to perfection.
I still remember the first time I ever saw and tried polenta fries. Had no idea what the giant yellow fried squares were – they reminded me of Japanese fried tofu actually.
- 1 C cornmeal
- 4 C water
- 1 tbsp Mrs. dash
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/3 C Parmasan Romano Cheese Blend
- 1/3 C Cheddar Monterey Jack Cheese Blend
- Bring water to a boil, whisk in polenta. Add spices to polenta and continue to stir.
Cook on low for 10-15 mins till thickened. Once thickened, add cheeses into the mixture.
- Transfer to an oiled pan and allow to cool for 1 hour or until cooled and firm.
- Cut into strips, coat with cooking spray and bake at 425 degrees F (convection fan bake) for 30 mins or till golden.
I’d say the texture of the fries is somewhat similar to fried tofu – crispy exterior with a soft, but almost gritty/ slightly granular interior. These fries are a great alternative to regular potato fries.
They also taste great when dipped – we liked sweet chilli sauce the best!
PS – Just wanted to let you all know that I will be taking a short break from posting for a little while, until school is over. Talk to you all soon!