Raspberry creamed cheese stuffed french toast with cinnamon raisin bread.
Oozy melty goodness in every bite.
This is the second time I’ve ever made stuffed french toast, check out my first attempt here. This all came about after I made a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. Since that bread is similar in texture to challah bread, it just clicked that it would work well as stuffed french toast.
- 2 thick slices of cinnamon raisin bread (recipe)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C soy milk
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp creamed cheese
- 2 tbsp raspberry yogurt (would have used jam, but didn’t have any)
- Optional – fresh fruit
- canola oil
- Using a sharp serrated knife, make a slit in your bread, deep enough to hold 2 tbsp filling
- Filling: in a small bowl, mix creamed cheese until light and fluffy. Add jam of choice or yogurt. Mix well
- Fill bread pocket with 2 tbsp creamed cheese filling. Flatten it out and try to spread it evenly throughout the pocket
- Egg mixture: beat together egg, milk and cinnamon. Dredge bread in egg mixture, both sides
- In a frying pan, heat a small amount of canola oil. Add the dredged bread and fry until golden on one side
- Flip, cook, and enjoy.
This dish is great to make for a weekend brunch. In terms of the filling, I’d definitely use some sort of jam next time to bring more fruit flavor to the creamed cheese filling.
And maybe even some freshly diced strawberries stuffed inside? Might be a little too much… I have a feeling the bread might explode if I tried that. Enjoy!