I love crackers.
Crispy and healthy goodness.
Found a recipe for ‘happy crackers’ on this lady’s awesome site and made some adaptions.
- 3/4 C cooked quinoa
- 1/4 C cooked brown rice
- 1/3 C ground flaxseed
- 1 C old fashioned oats
- 1/4 C ground almonds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- dash of each garlic powder, oregano, basil, and pepper
- Cook quinoa and brown rice as directed
- Grind oats to a fine powder and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add almond powder and half the amount of flaxseed to the bowl.
- Blend together quinoa, brown rice, and half the amount of flaxseed until a paste forms. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add olive oil and spices. Knead together until a dough forms. Add water if too dry.
- Roll dough out as thin as possible without the dough breaking. Score dough then bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden
Make sure you try to roll the dough out as thin as possible or they will resemble hard cookies.
Scrumptious, healthy, and delicious. Great topped with cheese.
Feeling happy yet?