Yogurt + fruit + orange cranberry granola
Been really loving the cranberry-orange combination lately. I realized this after making a batch of cranberry orange white chocolate cookies for work. The possibilities are endless!
Tweaked from the original recipe.
- 1 1/4 C rolled oats
- 1 1/4C puffed wheat cereal
- 2 tbsp margerine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C almonds, chopped
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 C dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Zest of an orange and juice of half an orange
- Spread oats and puffed wheat on baking sheet and lightly in toaster oven.
- Melt margerine in pot over stove. Add brown sugar, honey, and vanilla. Cook over stove for 1 minute.
- Zest and juice orange over cranberries. Allow cranberries to soak in orange juice for 5 minutes.
- Add toasted oats, puffed wheat, almonds, and ground flaxseed. Cook over stove for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries and orange. Cook for another minute. Spread onto baking sheet and allow to cool in warm oven for 15-20 minutes to completely dry.
I can’t remember the last time I made a batch of granola… Probably because I’ve been buying the Trader Joe’s granola for the last little while. TJ’s granola is awesome but it can really add up.
Think this recipe is a winner – love the overall flavour and the orange really comes through.
Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Cookie Platter (recipe)