Nutella and chocolate.
Best flavor combination ever.
Like a melt-in-your mouth Ferrero Rocher sandwich.
These cookies are so good. I made these for a breakfast potluck and my friend literally squealed. I think we all died laughing.
- 1 cup (100 gr) powdered sugar
- ½ cup almond flour (about 2 ounces, 50 gr, sliced almonds, pulverized)
- 3 tablespoons (25 gr) unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons (65 gr) granulated sugar
- Separate eggs. Allow whites to sit at room temperature while you prepare dry ingredients
- Grind together almond flour and icing sugar till incorporated then sift mixture to eliminate chunks
- Add granulated sugar into egg whites and beat until you achieve stiff peaks
- Following Brave Tart’s Instructions: Whip for 3 mins on medium, then increase to high and whip another 3 mins. Crank speed a notch even higher and whip another 3 min. Once stiff peaks have formed, add any extracts/flavor/color and whip for a final minute on the highest speed to evenly distribute color/flavor. The meringue should be very stiff/ dry and clump in middle of whisk attachment
- Add all dry ingredients at once and fold together (Batter needs enough thickness that it will mound up on itself, but enough fluidity that after 20 seconds, it will melt back down)
- Transfer into piping bag and pipe rounds onto lined baking sheet. Rap pan against counter to dislodge air bubbles
- Allow batter to sit for 20-25 minutes at room temp or until the tops are dry to the touch
- In a 300° F preheated oven, bake macs on upper-third level of oven for 11 minutes with oven door slightly open. Rotate halfway through
- Cool completely on pan and carefully peel macarons from parchment or baking mat
Nutella buttercream (Original recipe here)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup very soft nutella
- Blend everything together and bam, you got buttercream
Assemble and do your best to refrain from eating the whole tray. Enjoy!