Bread with a hint of beer flavor.
Easiest bread ever – even less work than the ‘No-knead’ bread! The beer flavor is the strongest when the bread is fresh out of the oven. It tends to dissipate after that.
You can find the original recipe here.
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour (sifted)
- 1 1/2 cups WW flour (sifted)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar, or less
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or less
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients, oil and beer.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake 50 mins to 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.
The texture is definitely not as fluffy and light as regular bread, but rather denser with a somewhat crumbly texture.
Warning: don’t attempt to use this bread in a sandwich – it will literally crumble. Makes great toast though!