Tender fish cakes sandwiched into bite-sized sliders.
Sole itself is a fairly bland fish when eaten alone. Tastes much better when slapped together with some veggies and breadcrumbs.
- 8 pieces of sole filets, thawed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 C Italian bread crumbs (approx)
- 1 C panko bread crumbs (approx)
- Sautee onion and garlic until translucent. Add carrots and cook for a minute.
- Add sole filets and cook until done. Flake fish apart and drain excess liquid
- Transfer fish mixture to large bowl and add eggs and milk. Mix well
- Add bread crumbs – enough to form solid-paste consistency. Heat pan and spray with Pam.
- Using a mini scooper, drop balls into hot pan. Slightly flatten, cook until golden then flip.
Found these really easy to make and prepare. Plus it was a great way to use up the rest of our frozen sole.