Hellooo again, its me… I apologize for being MIA for the last month… felt like I was almost up to my eyeballs adjusting to school and everything. Haven’t had much time to make anything in the past few weeks, but here’s a recipe that I made about a month ago. Enjoy!
Almost as good as traditional deep-fried chicken.
This recipe was scaled up and tweaked from the original (which can be found here). This recipe was enough for about 5 people.
- ~ 1/3 – 1/2 C Olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups panko
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 2/3 tablespoons dried parsley
- ~ 1 tsp salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 1/8-2 1/2 lbs chicken wings and/or drumsticks
1) Combine olive oil and minced garlic together in a heat-proof bowl or dish. Microwave on high for 45 seconds to warm the oil. (Ensure the bowl/ dish is wide and deep enough to dip the wings)
2) In a large wide bowl, combine panko, parmesan, and parsley. Add salt and pepper.
3) Preheat oven to 400F (convection). Lightly spray a lined broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray.
4) Rinse chicken with water and carefully shake off excess. Dip chicken into garlic oil mixture, then gently roll in panko mixture and place onto rack.
5) Should you have any panko / garlic oil mixture left over, mix the two together to create a breadcrumb mix and sprinkle onto chicken.
6) Bake in preheated oven for about 30-45 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
If I remember correctly, this chicken turned out awesome. I think I made it twice in one week because it was so easy and yummy. The broiler rack really helped the chicken to crisp up on all sides, while preventing the usual sogginess. That being said, the second time we made this, we ended up putting too many wings/ drums on the tray and since they were so close to each other, the undersides were all a little soggy! (so make sure there is a little space between each piece so air can circulate) Other than that, delicious.
See that crispiness? Yum yumm