Sorry for the delay on posting! Everything is just going by SO quickly right now, hard to keep track of anything.
Here’s a post that I actually wrote a month ago (and forgot to post it)
So I’d like to share with you my latest and strangest food obsession: baked beans. I mentioned a few posts ago that I had tasted and really enjoyed baked beans for the first time on the cruise. Well, as promised, I searched up a recipe and got on with my bean craze.
Made this dish and not even joking, ate baked beans with my breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, and dinner. So good. None left from the batch I made, so I should probably go make some more…
Initially, the sauce had a very strong Worcestershire flavor, but sitting in the fridge overnight allowed the flavors to blend a bit more. The recipe also called for dried navy beans, however, I only had canned beans on hand, so I used those instead. Canned beans worked out well – there was less cooking time and I only had to wait about 45 minutes to enjoy the baked bean goodness.
- 2 cups navy beans, canned
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
4. Bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour in the preheated oven. Remove the lid/ foil about halfway through cooking and add more liquid if necessary to prevent the beans from getting too dry.